Bouillabaisse-style soup: The tasty Marseille fish stew whose flavor has conquered the world.
〽️What started out as a humble dish from fishermen in the south of France who used fish discards to prepare bouillabaisse soup, has over time become one of the emblematic dishes of our neighboring country and beloved by the founder of “Le Jardin de Vanessa”.
〽️This fish pot recipe is typical in Marseille, beautiful seaside resort of Provence.
👩🍳Below, we leave you the ingredients and mode of preparation:
- 1 liter of fish stock.
- 1kg monkfish cut into small pieces.
- 1kg of cod cut into small pieces.
- 300 g of shrimps
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 fennel
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 stick of celery
- 1/2 kg of tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 saffron threads.
- 1 laurel leaf
- 1 branch of parsley
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Le Jardin de Vanessa”
- Cut the onion, celery, fennel, bell bell pepper and remove the seeds from the tomatoes and cut them too.
- Add all the vegetables we have cut to the pot, the garlic, the saffron, three tablespoons of oil and heat over medium heat.
- We stir until golden brown.
- Then add 1 liter of fish stock, 1 bay leaf, the parsley sprig and let it cook for about 25 minutes over low heat.
- Then we remove the bay leaf, grind everything and pass it through a strainer.
- We have already finished the broth, now we have to cook the fish and potatoes.
- Incorporate the potatoes first and leave for about 25 minutes (prick the potato to check that they are cooked).
- Secondly, we add the monkfish and cod pieces and let it cook for 4 minutes.
- Once the fish is cooked, we add the prawns.
Ready to taste and enjoy this rich and healthy soup!